Friday, July 1, 2011

Wrangler Butt - Revisited

Texas has been working on a little project the last few days. He's been welding a gate to put up down by our house.

You see, we've (he's) been working on a new arena for us (me) down by our house. It's bigger and the ground is better. We (I) am sooo excited for it to be done!!

Since we figured it'd be easier to have the horses closer to the new arena, we had to cut one of the pastures in half to make a smaller pasture down by our house.

Only problem? There's no gate to prevent the horses from running out into the road whenever we would begin to take them from the pasture to the new arena.

Not to mention, we really wanted a more permanent fixture to prevent people mentioned here from coming up to our house whenever they pleased. Since we live out in the country, we don't have girl scouts, trick or treaters, or salesmen coming to the door...

...And quite frankly, I'd be really concerned if we did have these characters at our door. In order to get to our door from the side yard (where we do not have a gate... yet), one would have to navigate through a tall grassy area and pass by our big guard dog, Hote. Only insane people could muster up the courage to overcome these obstacles, especially in the dark. Read: why I was so freaked out in previous Wrangler Butt post.

Although, I do love me a good box of thin mints, and I might give my right arm for some girl scouts to come-a-knocking... but, I guess it wouldn't hurt me to get up off the couch, drive my lazy butt the 10 minutes into town to the local grocery store, and buy my girl scout cookies there.

Bah humbug.

Back to my story.

Anyways, Texas finished the gate today (woo!) after about a week of trials and tribulations. It's amazing how much work it took, and more amazing than that, is how hard I worked.

I worked realllllllllly hard.



Can't you tell?


To give myself some credit, I did put out a handful of small welding spark induced fires. If I had not been there to keep a close eye on the grass and put out the flames immediately, Texas might have had a bigger problem on his hands than an honery gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment