Tuesday, July 19, 2011

On The Road Again

Greetings from somewhere between Bandon, Oregon and Olympia, Washington!

Today's the day that Texas, myself, and my mom are headed up to meet my cousin Lisa to scatter my dad's ashes in the Puget Sound, where he spent much of his time during his life in the Evergreen state.

It's been about four years since I've been up to Olympia, the beautiful town I was born and lived for 6 years of my life. We moved to Oakdale just after my 6th birthday in June 1993 when my grandpa's ranch needed an extra ranch hand. I sometimes wonder how different my life would have been if I had grown up in Olympia instead of Oakdale.

Would I have my own horses?

Would I even ride horses?

Would my dad have lived as long as he did? (he found about all Of his health problems when he was required to take a Physical Exam to work at the ranch)

Would I have gone to school at Cal Poly?

Would I have liked country music?

Would I still have blonde hair?

Would I have worked in colorado?

Would I be a hippy?

Would I smoke pot everyday and not wash my dreads?

Would I have met Texas?

Obviously the last two questions are directly correlated.

Does this make y'all ponder about how different your lives would be if you had grown up in a different town?

Here are some pictures of beautiful Olympia:


No comments:

Post a Comment