Thursday, July 14, 2011

One

Today marks the one year anniversary of something.

Something pretty special.

Something that has changed my life.

Something that took me from Colorado to Texas to California. All in one year.

That something started out as what everyone, including myself, thought would be just a little summer romance.

After all, who doesn't go off to a summer camp somewhere and start crushin' hard on a cute boy, only to have them move back home after the summer's over?

In my case, I was crushin' hard on a boy, and he did indeed move back home after the summer.


Difference between me and the camp story is that the boy moved home, found me a job, and offered me a place to stay until I could find my own place.


How could a girl refuse such an offer?


I mean, I had no other plans lined up for the end of my summer job in Colorado.


As much as I had wanted to stay in Colorado and live in mountain bliss, something deep down was telling me I would regret not moving to the Yellow Rose of Texas.


Why would I purposely choose to make the relationship long distance when I had the opportunity to move to a new place and meet the family and friends of the man I love?

 

Even with other women throwing themselves on him *cough Carly cough*, he chose me.
Really, Carly? You can't find your own men? ;)


And since he chose me over the begging, pleading, old women (woman) who hail from Indiana, I took good care of my Texan. Never would I ever embarrass him out in public. Especially by putting stickers on his backside at the bar. Never.


Long story short, I ended up in Texas after the summer. Shocker! I had a great time meeting his friends and family and getting a little taste of his life.



He got to show me his love for hunting.


And while Texas was not my favorite state I have lived in thus far, I still cherish the memories I had there with him and his family. Texas is beautiful in a different way. Colorado is beautiful because it has mountains and blue skies. California is beautiful because it has the ocean. Texas is beautiful because it is different from the rest, and it is the home of my man.

With the death of my dad and a twist of fate, we ended up in California about 6 months ago.



Back in my hometown which I had swore up and down to the moon and back that I would never be caught dead living in again.



While this move didn't really go along with my "plan" of living in the mountains, it has now become part of "our" plan. I cannot imagine living any differently than we do now. I get to spend all of my time living and working with my best friend who I am in love with.


Life in Cali ain't too terrible. In fact, it's a dream come true right now.


As far as Texas and I, we ain't too shabby. One year ago today, we stood outside the Tommyknocker in Colorado and decided to begin this journey.


This guy knows how to sweep me off my feet.


Fortunately for him, he's got a really pretty girlfriend.



No comments:

Post a Comment