Tuesday, October 18, 2011

String of Hearts - "The Office Plant" Follow Up

Some of you may have read my story on the Office Plant that Texas gave to me when I was working in Amarillo.

Some of you may remember that the Office Plant died a tragic, slow death...

...from overwatering.

I was deeply traumatized from the death of the Office Plant, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to pour my heart into another inside plant. The wound was still fresh when we moved to California...

After a month or two in Oakdale, Texas and I went to a nursery in town to look for fruit trees to plant in the yard. While on that mission, I ended up falling in love with ... another plant.

The nursery lady called it a "String of Hearts" as she glanced back and forth at Texas and I... rotten lady knew she had laid it all out on the table. It was like the plant would be a symbol of our love or something. Daring us to see if we could make our love, errr plant, grow. Dang that rotten lady.

So, we brought our new little plant home in February, gave her some love, but not too much as I learned form my previous green thumb adventures...

And this is what our little plant has grown into:


When we brought it home, the strings were no longer than the bottom of the pot. Now, they are long enough that I am afraid Goose will get bored one day and start playing with the ends of them. I'd say I have successfully conquered the world of indoor plants.


It's the simple things that matter the most sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment