Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gimpy

A certain angel horse of mine got herself in a bit of a bind the other day.

Actually, it really wasn't a bind. She more or less brushed her front left leg/shoulder along our wire fence under the barn, and she just happened to catch herself on a piece of broken wire.

Long story short, Miss Jade had a small cut, but the swelling was rather substantial. Texas took her to the vet for me Monday as I was rather busy hauling pregnant black and white spotted ladies all day. She got sent home with some medication and lots of kisses.


I've been lounging (exercising her on a long lead line like in the picture above) her for short amounts of time the last couple days to try to work her leg a little bit. I'm definitely counting my blessings because this is such a minor injury compared to what she could do/have done to herself. She probably wouldn't have got a cut if it weren't for the fact our fencing in the barn could use some repair. I'm just thankful for a level headed horse who likes to plug around in the pasture and doesn't get stomach aches all the time like a previous horse of mine.

Love my sweet girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment