Friday, January 7, 2011

The Office Plant

The office plant.


The plant that my ever so sweet Texan had delivered to my work one day a couple months ago because I was having a bad day.

I loved this plant so much that I watered it religiously. I watered it everyday. I watered it a lot everyday. In fact, I darn near drowned the poor plant to death I loved it that much.

I've always imagined myself having a plant when I had my own office.

This was my dream come true: my office plant.

I put in my two weeks at work last Friday. And guess what...

My plant died.

I watered the plant so much that I drowned it. I guess the moral of this story is maybe just because you love something or someone soooo much... doesn't mean the relationship requires a smoothering of affection. Sometimes you should just let it be. Let it grow.

Whatever you do, JUST DON'T OVERWATER THE DANG PLANT. It'll mold. Then turn brown. The flower will die. You'll have to throw it out in the trash can outside which, by the way, isn't big enough to put the plant pot in.

Anyways, I thought it was ironic. As my work here at my current job is coming to an end, so is my office plant. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment