Saturday, October 15, 2011

Black Cow, White Cow

We all know a Holstein cow is black and white.

Which is why I was somewhat confused when I first started working with the cows, and Manuel would say "Ehh, what the score on dis black cow?"

Translation: "Hey, what's the due date on this black cow?"

Nevermind the whole language issue... but what the heck is he talking about - what black cow?! I thought they were all black and white!

Ahhh, what a rookie I was. There is a difference between a black Holstein and a white Holstein.

Example 1:


Black cow on the left, white cow on the right.

Pretty easy, right?

Here's a little more challenging one, Example 2:


White cow on the left, black cow on the right. Makes sense?

A different perspective, Example 3:


Black cow, white cow.

I think ya'll get it. I think I do now too, 9 months later...


No comments:

Post a Comment