Thursday, August 18, 2011

All Of A Sudden

All of a sudden...

My 14 year old white fluff of a goof ball horse...

Has decided to become the barrel horse his mom always wanted to be...

Seriously.

I'm so ecstatic that Romeo's kicked into that other gear. I always knew he had it in him...

There's never been a doubt in my mind that he has the speed to be successful in barrel racing...

He's just had this issue with stopping at the last barrel that he's completely gotten over (with the help of a good bit in his mouth).

Here he is making his 2nd money winning run last night at the local barrel racing jackpot.


He ran a 18.1 which is his fastest time on the pattern to date - not to mention I fumbled/lost the reins a little bit going around that 2nd barrel, so we lost some time there. Hopefully next run we'll have good turns around all 3 barrels? I'll keep yall posted.

I'm so excited to have him so keyed into the barrel pattern now!! Good things come to those who wait... yah?

No comments:

Post a Comment