Tuesday, August 23, 2011

6 A.M.

In case you were wondering...


This is what it looks like here around 6 a.m.

Or, 5 a.m. if you're Texas working in June.

Also, in case you were wondering, that dark haze in the sky is not actually a California smog haze! It's the Sierra Nevadas we have right out our backdoor! Or maybe 10 miles out the back door. Ish.

Today was a very long day. I don't think I took a breather between 6 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our Herdsman and I sorted cows all morning to get all the girls ready for the vets that came at 1 p.m. to start the blood work process necessary for them to go overseas next month.

Between sorting cows, pushing cows back out to pasture, sorting cows again, running cows from one pen to another, figuring out the jumble of paperwork, plugging the jumble into the computer to make an organized jumble, and dealing with all the work when the vets were here in 99 degree heat, I'm done in.

Holy cow, that was a long day.

I'm ready for a Tri-Tip sandwich from our favorite beef joint in town, rightly named House of Beef (clever, right? I think it pretty well gets the point across) and a couple of cold brewskis. Which means, not only do I get the night off, but so do two rambunctious 4-legged beasts I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment