Sunday, March 20, 2011

New

 So, I got a special delivery in the mail on Friday.

A very special delivery.

I bought a Canon Rebel T1i DSLR camera with some money I have been saving up over the last year from my birthday and Christmas. I have been meaning to buy a more advanced camera than a "point and shoot" for awhile. You won't be catching me sticking this baby in my back pocket while riding my horse or dancing at the bar.

Nope. This is my very first nice camera. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been cooperative in letting me try out my camera outdoors. It's been raining all weekend and blowing so hard that I woke up in the middle of the night last night in a full body sweat thinking I was back in the Panhandle of Texas. Not cool. Ok, maybe none of that really happened, but it's been a rough weekend. For Texas. He's had to work out in the miserable weather all weekend.

Back to my camera. Since I haven't had the chance to really go outside and shoot some pictures, I had to try it out inside to get a little taste of what to expect.


Naturally, I picked Goose to be my first model. At first, she was pretty shy. She would barely make eye contact with the camera.


After a few shots, she started to get acquainted with being in the spotlight.


I moved on to other models, like Texas. He's so cute. And "furry" as my vegetarian friend deemed him last week. All was fine and dandy with my Texas model, but...


I was suddenly pulled away...


Someone wanted to be back in the spotlight. Apparently, she didn't approve of me taking pictures of Texas.


So, I gave in and started taking more pictures of my furry kitty.


She ate it up.


Two thousand pictures later, I decided it was best to give Goose a water break, so I could also try out my new toy on the boys.


Oops.


After she caught me in the act the second time around, Goose made it clear that I was not allowed to take pictures without her in it.


How can I say no to this face? :)

Disclaimer: I am not a crazy cat lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment