Thursday, March 17, 2011

Looking Back on St. Patty's

In honor of St. Patty's Day, reminiscing on old times, and adjusting to the idea that I will probably not be drinking green beer today...

Here are some pictures from my previous St. Patty's Day excursions.


My friend Katie and I back in 2009 getting our butts up at the crack of dawn to stand in line at the bars at 5:45 a.m. During Finals Week.

I started the morning off at 6 a.m. with a red bull and vodka. Listening to a live rock/grunge band admist hundreds of other college students packed into a bar. Tell me, why was that fun?

Now, here's a look back to one year ago in 2010.


My friend Kat that I met while working at the 4UR in 2008 came to visit me for a week last winter. We decided that St. Patty's would be a good timeframe for her to visit me because it would be one of the few days there'd be more than 5 people at the bar in Creede.


How I miss the ol' Tommyknocker.


Living in a small mountain town for awhile was fun, but I don't think I could stay there forever as a single gal. It's the kind of town that you need a family to keep you busy during the long winter months.

Otherwise, you end up spending all of your free time doing this:


Not saying I don't like foosball, but I have far larger aspirations in life than being the Queen of Foos.


I sure do miss that little town though. Winter was my favorite time at the ranch. Except for the fact I was the only single twenty something at the ranch. Oh, and I couldn't ride my horse unless I made the 70 mile trip into the valley where it wasn't covered in three feet of snow.

Happy St. Patty's Day, and I hope someone out there dedicates a green beer to me today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment