Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Palo Duro Canyon

In light of today's weather, I think I will reminisce on warmer times. Today in Amarillo, the temperature is 5 degrees with about a -8 degree wind chill. Actually, I don't mind this weather. As long as there's minimal wind, I enjoy the cold. Minus the fact that I had to almost use an auger to get through the ice in my horse's water bucket this morning.

Two weekends ago, the Texan and I went on a little hike with our pups at the Palo Duro Canyon, a short 15 minute drive from my house. It's right behind the Grand Canyon as one of the largest canyons in the world. I was very surprised to find out the canyon is home to a variety of animals like deer, wild hogs, mountain lions, and coyotes. I also couldn't believe it is literally right down the road from my house in Amarillo.

Here are some pictures from the trip:






My pup loves giving me kisses!

I feel like my dog is trying to tell me something...




It was a great time had by all, except for maybe my puppy towards the end. Apparently, six miles is a really long trip for a four month old pup. I ended up carrying him a little ways on the way back.

It was a great way to spend one of my last weekends in Amarillo. I'm bummed that there are so many things I have yet to experience here like go to a big country concert, go downtown, chase a tornado, dance at the Midnight Rodeo, or go to one of the big rodeos here. At the same time, I am really excited to be moving back home to experience a way of life I miss and to start making a name for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment