Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Little Bite of Heaven

Texas and I have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen.

For most of our relationship (minus the first few months where we were fed gourmet food by trained chefs), we have enjoyed cooking our meals together and reaping the benefits.

Lately though, we have been getting really creative in the culinary area of our life.

We have recently learned how to make homemade pizza dough which has opened up many doors in our cooking world. This last week we made the best pizza I've ever eaten in my whole life. I'm just going to put it out there. Texas and I barely spoke during the whole eating event because all of the noise we were making consisted of:

"mmmm"

"oh. my. gosh."

"yummmmmm"

"ooohhhh mmmm"


Yup. True story. It was a BBQ inspired pizza with BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce, mozzarella, onions, chicken, bacon, and pineapple. Simple really, when it comes to recipes we've concocted in the past. But folks, simplicity is key in this certain case.

We decided to experiment one step further last night. BBQ calzones - with slow cooked brisket from our steer in the freezer. I must say, we forgot to throw in the bacon, but essentially all of the ingredients were the same as the pizza.


And it was, amazing.

Pretty durn delicious.

I love that Texas and I can cook together. Clean up together. Eat together. Celebrate our culinary skills together. And sometimes, though not often, hang our heads in culinary defeat together. I love that he not only doesn't expect me to be his cook, but he enjoys just as much, if not more, the opportunity to share the kitchen responsibilities together.

Together, Texas and I will dominate the kitchen, and hopefully we can still fit into our skinny jeans by the time the wedding rolls around... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment