Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One Year Ago From Today

Once upon a time, there was a a California sorority polo playing cow girl who spent a few summers and a winter in a little town in Colorado, working on a high end guest ranch as a Wrangler.

Once upon a time, there was a sweet girl from south Texas who wrote a birthday rap for the California Cow Girl.

And performed it at 7 a.m. at breakfast after I helped guide almost all of the ranch summer staff on horseback to our meal.


Once upon a time, I spent my birthday on top of a cliff with two of my best friends.


Well, two of my best friends and some other dear company.

Once upon a time, we dangled our feet off of cliffs and drank beer with old friends.


Once upon a time, this Cali girl could get to this exact view by driving only 20 minutes from her house.


Once upon a time, nights were spent driving down isolated mountain road with new and old friends.


Once upon a time, I watched many a breaktaking sunsets.


Once upon a time, I shot beer bottles with a BB gun off those cliffs for fun. Because I could.


Once upon a time, I got to see these lovely ladies as much as I wanted.


Once upon a time, I could count on at least one person at any given second of the day to join me on a last minute adventure.


Once upon a time, I lived in Colorado with my best friends.


Once upon a time, I was only 23 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment