Sunday, May 29, 2011

My New Baby

A quick update on my new love...

After a rough start to her first weekend at her new home, we've finally gotten acquainted wtj each other. What kind of rough start you may ask? Well, let's just say within seconds of getting on her at home for the first time, I quickly found myself somersaulting in the air and hittin' the dirt. I chalked it up to her being young and fresh (fresh means the horse has had some time off from riding so she's got some pent up energy). After regrouping and tiring her out a bit, I got into the saddle again with the company of a slithering snake close by (jury's still out on whether that was a factor in the previous flying incident). We've yet to be airborne again. :)

Jade has this amazing, smooth lope that I fall in love with over and over again, especially if I've just ridden my grey horse. He's as smooth as a scrawny boy in high school.

Soon, I'll be riding Jade in our BRAND new arena... Right in my backyard. Much thanks to Texas for getting on the ball and tearing up the pasture so quickly. It will be the first time in my life that I'll be able to run a standard size barrel pattern at my own house. Woohoo!!!!

Int the meantime, I've left you all with the above picture to 'ooohhh' and 'ahhhhh' over. This was my baby girl as well, a baby, in Canada. She's so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment