Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Los ganaderos de vacuno de leche de México

In case you are wondering, the title of this post in english means, "The dairy farmers from Mexico". I got that from freetranslation.com. So much for my 5 1/2 years of Spanish classes - I couldn't even remember how to say milk in spanish!! Leche! Leche!

This is what my day looked like:


Yup. Staring at the behinds of cows.Walking behind cows. Pushing cows from the pens to the alley where the Mexicans were going through them. One by one. Pen after pen.


"Out! In!"

It was actually a pretty good time. Mostly due to the company we had... the Mexicans.

Only four guys crawled out of their minivan this time, but the jewel of the bunch was a 50 year old man going on 12.

The shortest one of the bunch sported a pink Hollister Co. tshirt with blue stripes.

As well as an Aeropostale baseball hat.

Turned sideways.

Ahh yes we had an aspiring teeny bopper among us. He also loved my "jokes" being my Mexican phrases I spurted out over the three hour period they were looking at cows.

"Ayyy Mamacita!!" as a mama cow walked by

"Bonita chica!!" talking about a pretty cow, soon after remembering that the adjectives come after nouns in spanish

"Es mi novio" when Texas walked by.. lots of "oooh's" and "ahhh's" after that one

... and many more good phrases... but I left them with my parting goodbye,

"HASTA LUEGOOOO!!!"

Of course, after they said they'd see us later, in a few months. I made the pink shirted teeny bopper laugh everytime I attempted to speak el espanol.

The best part about the Mexicans coming? Their parting gift... tequila!


Hecho en mexico.





No comments:

Post a Comment