Saturday, December 8, 2012

Back In Action

My little, or perhaps large 16 hand, lady is back in action. After four weeks of doctoring abscesses, and one week of rain, we are back in training and conditioning for upcoming races. Over the past 5-6 weeks, I have been dreaming of the way I should be riding Jade at races. She has all the potential in the world to win some races, in my opinion. I just need to get my act together and not lose my head when I get in the arena when it counts. It's definitely hard to expect everything to go perfect when asking her to run fast away from home when I can't practice at speed on our own turf.

I've just got to learn how to compete on the horse that I've trained. She's such a laid back, may I even say lazy, horse at home. She could pass for a western pleasure horse. When it comes down to getting into the arena and seeing three barrels set up, she cannot deny her barrel racing lineage. As her rider, I need to learn how to ride her at home and I competition. She's two different horses when it comes to riding at home and running for money. I'm excited for this months and the barrel racing opportunities we have going on close by - as long as we don't encounter rainy weekends or abscesses. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment