Friday, May 4, 2012

A Video Journey


Jade is coming along. I took her to a race again last night to get her time, and she gets faster and smoother every time.

I was inspired to have a short video journey of Jade and her barrel racing. I'm not going to go into great lengths here, but here are a few videos of our journey.

This first one is the day I tried her out, almost a year ago, when she was just turning 4 years old. She could barely pick up her left lead, and the girl who had her was letting her drop her shoulder into the barrels which made for a little bit of a rough turn.


This next video was taken a little over a month ago. It was the first time I took Jade somewhere to lope through the barrels away from home. Considering all the distractions, she didn't do half bad.


Finally, this is a video from last night. This is Jade's 4th outing loping through the barrels away from home. We have lots of improvements to make in our turns and approach, plus I let her go at her own pace - I didn't even push her.


This last one she clocked a 20.4 second run. Nothing special compared to the typical 17 seconds the top girls run at rodeos. Considering I am just letting her go at her own pace, and still trying to get her turns super smooth, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment