Friday, April 13, 2012

Ridin' Dirty

This weekend is the prestigious Oakdale Rodeo. Our hometown rodeo that is notorious for being either BEAUTIFUL or POURING DOWN RAIN. Guess which is happening this weekend?

This weekend is also home to a huge annual spring barrel race, Youth Championship, and Futurity through the local barrel racing organization. Texas and I took our ponies over to the arena the other night to ride the horses around. We had no idea what was in store for us as we pulled up.


Needless to say, there was a bit of wet ground. 


Lots and lots of mud.


Jader's first time (to my knowledge) riding in knee/ankle deep mud. It was a good character building experience for her, not to mention a dang good workout.

I'm feeling for all those ladies entered up in the rodeo and the barrel race this weekend. I contemplated entering Jade in the Futurity as it's my only chance to run her locally in a Futurity as she is only eligible this year. I really feel like she's been coming on strong the last few weeks and really getting the hang of things (or maybe it's me that's getting the hang of things and she's saying "FINALLY DUDE"). But, I think it's God's way of telling me to give her some more time to come into her own. I don't want to run in the mud this weekend, especially on my girl who is just getting used to the barrel racing gig.

So, stay tuned folks, I am hoping to have Jade running in barrel races by May as there are some good races going on. But for this weekend, I will be the spectator, thanking the high heavens that's not me out there skating around the arena on my beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment