Friday, December 9, 2011

One Year

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of the passing of my Dad.

It's hard to believe it's been one year since my world was completely changed. So much has happened in this last year, and it's hard not having my dad around to share things with. He was always the guy I could talk to when I just needed to joke around and get in a better mood.

My dad was a hard worker.


He loved his family.


  • He battled several health issues for the majority of his adulthood, but he was able to grab the bull by the horns near the end and take better care of himself.


He never, ever, lost his sense of humor...



He always tried his darndest to please his kids - and all of our friends.


It's still so surreal that my Dad is no longer with us. His guitar room still has his pictures displayed on the walls that he printed out, one by one. His office at the shop at work looks the way he left it on December 8th, 2010. The calendar has not moved in a year. The pictures, faded yes, but still secure on the walls. His clothes are still hung where he left them in his closets - except for a flannel shirt I've been sporting lately. It's a little big, but it makes me feel warm and cozy. Maybe because it's good material... or maybe because it's my dads.


I sure miss this guy, and I wish I had more time with him. I'm so thankful for our memories, our pictures, our (thousands) of home videos, and the everyday reminders that he still lives in my heart.

Love you Dad.

12/29/1951 - 12/08/2010

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tribute:) Keep your head up. I am sure your dad is so proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete