Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The First Frost

Yesterday morning, when I peered out the window, I noticed a white dusting on our grass.

If I had been in any of the other three states I've resided in, Colorado, Texas or Washington, I would've guessed it was snow.

Nope. It never snows in the California Central Valley. When it does "snow", it's more like a dose of really big hail that sticks around for awhile... and all two times it has supposedly "snowed" in Oakdale the last 18 years, both times I was in the movie theatre.

Figures.

Back to my frost story -

Yesterday I woke up to the first frost of the fall/winter. Good for me, kind of, because I have been looking forward to the cold since about May. Bad for me, mostly, because my horses are now in need of supplemental feed for the winter because their grass is now dying.

The horses were feeling good yesterday morning. They must have felt the chill in the air...


Notice how the red horse is the instigator?? Little baby Jade....

No comments:

Post a Comment