Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Texas and His New Toy

A few weeks ago, one of my Uncles brought down our new welder.

For those that don't know what a welder is or does...

Let me give you the 411.

I actually don't know that much about welding except that there are some oxygen tanks, hoses, sparks, and lots of dials on a machine that looks like it should belong in an airplane.

I do know that a welder can aid in the creation of many beautiful things.

One being a coat rack... which was so beautifully handcrafted and placed in our mudroom by Texas a few weeks ago. Horseshoes adorn the coat rack as hangers.

Other things such as lamps, chairs, tables... anything that you want to create out of metal, your imagination is the limit!

The latest creation Texas made was inspired by a candleholder we received years ago from our horseshoer. He made it all out of horseshoes.. obviously. I really wanted a candleholder big enough to house the candle my dad bought me about a year ago, so my mom suggested Texas try making one out of horseshoes.

An hour and one coat of black spray paint later, I am a proud mama of a pretty black horse shoe candle holder. I love having a handy man! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment